Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mongolia - 10 May

This afternoon we returned to civilisation (well as civilised as Ulaanbaatar can be) after three days in the Gobi Desert, with no showers, hole in the ground drop style toilets and a Desert storm. Despite the inadequacies, we had an absolute ball and being in the desert was truely an amazing experience. We're off for a spa and sauna and a $17, one hour massage now, so i'm hoping to update the last few days adventures before leaving for Russia tomorrow early afternoon.

Hope everyone is well, and thanks for all your well wishes. Thanks Elsie for the thought that I didn't actually eat Yak's digestive system!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sounds like you guys are having a great time with a lot of new experiences. I would give a lot of money to change places with you. Enjoy the rest of the trip and say hi to Dom and Rani (altough I have not met her yet, but I am sure I will some day when Ally is back)

Some Finnish for your visit to Finland later on "Minun maine on Kate , ja I-KIRJAIN haluta jotta sisu jotta sauna. Kanisteri te haluta kaupata we 1 luku-ja kirjoitustaito -lta Votka , ja lyödä -lta migreeni levy"

Cheers e